Why they’re called “tax and spend” Democrats #hcr #tcot #p2
March 27, 2010 by marwick
You know this, of course. Nice to see it in a list. Remember that companies don’t pay taxes. They increase the prices of their products and/or services to cover the tax. You pay the tax.
|Why they call them tax-and-spend Democrats
go to the foundation’s web site for the longer list.
- Impose 10% excise tax on indoor tanning services
- Employer W-2 reporting of value of health benefits
- Increase in additional tax on distributions from HSAs and Archer MSAs not used for qualified medical expenses to 20%
- Impose annual fee on manufacturers and importers of branded drugs
- Impose 2.3% excise tax on manufacturers and importers of certain medical devices
- Eliminate deduction for expenses allocable to Medicare Part D subsidy
- Raise 7.5% AGI floor on medical expenses deduction to 10%
- Broaden Medicare Hospital Insurance Tax Base for High-Income Taxpayers
- Increase by 15.75 percentage points the required corporate estimated tax payments factor for corporations with assets of at least $1 billion for payments due in July, August, and September 2014
Well, you get the idea. Oh, by the way. The Bush tax cuts will soon expire on top of that.